Friday, August 28, 2015

First meeting with my Artist Mentor

I had an introductory meeting with Matthew Gamber last week and caught up on where I have been and where I am going with art.
Check out The Decordova's past exhibition on Abstraction
Mass MOCA's current photography shows
Mills Gallery BCA show on Acadia
Gallery Kaafus Landscape as Fetish
Anxiety and Photography - book

We discussed ways to go about a daily photographic practice. He challenged me to take a broad subject and narrow it down to something specific. The art is in the aesthetic observation of many little gestures. In the past, I worked for many years as a photojournalist. I still have a keen interest in current events and social movements. I was thinking that I could apply this strategy to events in the daily news.

No comments:

Post a Comment